Name: Peppermint Essential Oil
Scientific Name: MenthaPiperita
German Name: Pfefferminze
French Name: Menthe poivree
Active Ingredients: menthol
Peppermint is an herbaceous and perennial plant with two kinds of stems: creeper and underground. Its leaves are opposite, elliptic, acute, jagged and slightly pilose. The stem of this plant is square and red tending to purple or murrey and in the site of each of its nodes, two opposite leaves can be seen.
The parts of use of this plant are its leaf and floral twigs. The essential oil of Peppermint essential oil is provided from the distillation of its leaf and floral twigs affected by water steam.
- Raw material for herbal pharmaceutical industries
- Health and beauty industries like toothpaste and soap making
- Fragrance in food industry for products like chew and chocolate
- Plastic industries
- Leather and Rubber manufacturing
- Having analgesic effects
- anti-herpes simplex virus
- Relieving symptoms of Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)